Find information on the legal requirements for operating or managing a sex work business in Victoria. Learn how to apply for and maintain a sex work service provider licence, small owner-operator registration, or brothel manager approval.
In this section:
Small owner-operators - registration renewal/update
Note: this form requires the latest version of Adobe Reader to be installed on your PC. To download for free, visit the Adobe Reader download page on the Adobe website.
The form is compatible with the following web browsers:
- Firefox 19 or later
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
Operating a licensed sex work business: Guide for licensees and approved managers
We have published this guide (online only) for licensees and approved managers of brothels and escort agencies to help you understand how the sex work industry is regulated, and comply with your legal obligations.
These definitions are provided for your reference only:
- Sex work is the provision by one person to or for another person of sexual services in return for payment or reward.
- A sex work service provider is a person carrying on business of a kind referred to as a brothel and/or escort agency.
- A brothel is any premises used for the purpose of providing sex work services.
- An escort agency is a business that provides sex work services to persons at premises not made available by the agency.
For more definitions, view the Sex Work Act 1994 - Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary Documents website.