We are remaking the Fundraising Regulations 2009 (the Regulations), which will expire on 23 June 2019.
The Regulations are made under section 71 of the Fundraising Act 1998 (the Act) to support the current operation of the Act. The Regulations:
- prescribe certain activities as not being fundraising appeals
- specify additional requirements for identifying badges worn by persons who are conducting or participating in a fundraising appeal
- prescribe the fee for inspecting records
- prescribe additional information that may be contained in the register of fundraising appeals
- prescribe the information and consents that are required for an application to renew registration as a fundraiser
- prescribe infringement penalties for offences referred to in section 61D of the Act; and
- prescribe other matters necessary to give effect to the Act.
Our initial consultation period closed on 21 December 2018.
We will consider all comments and any necessary amendments that may be made to the new Regulations.