View the register
About this register
The rental non-compliance register enables Victorian renters to check whether a rental provider or agent:
- has been given a compliance or compensation order by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) because they breached a duty under Part 5 of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (the Act), or
- has been convicted of an offence under the Act.
The register lists the:
- name of the rental provider
- address of the rented premises that the VCAT order or the offence relates to
- business name and business address of the agent, if the rental provider has an agent
- date of the VCAT order, conviction, or finding of guilt
- relevant provision of the Act.
This information remains in the register for three years.
Apply for a correction to the register
A rental provider may apply to VCAT for an order requiring Consumer Affairs Victoria to change or remove information from the register if:
- it is incorrect, or
- it has been displayed in the register for longer than three years, or
- they consider Consumer Affairs Victoria did not take reasonable steps to notify them that their name would be displayed in the register.