This year, our performance was measured against target outputs specified in Budget Paper 3 2018–19.
Outputs are those goods and services provided to government by departments, agencies and statutory bodies, and through funding provided to others, such as community agencies.
This year’s targets outputs:
- Information and advice provided to consumers, tenants and businesses: through telephone service.
- Information and advice provided to consumers, tenants and businesses: through other services, including written correspondence, face-to-face and dispute assistance.
- Number of court and administrative actions.
- Transactions undertaken: registration and licensing.
- Transactions undertaken: Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA).
- Victims of family violence assisted with financial counselling.
- Dispute resolution services provided by Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria.
- Rate of compliance with key consumer laws.
- Regulatory functions delivered within agreed time frames.
- Proportion of high priority breaches resulting in regulatory response.
For more information on our performance against targets for output measures, see page 8 of the Annual Report 2018-19 (PDF, 818KB).