Frequently asked questions about myCAV

Skip listen and sharing tools


What can I do on myCAV?

myCAV is easy to use and allows you to perform most of the previously paper-based functions involved in running an incorporated association online. myCAV simplifies administration tasks and helps reduce time-consuming paperwork.

It is a quick and convenient way to:

All incorporated associations must use myCAV to lodge annual statements and undertake all transactions and notifications of change under the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012.

What activities cannot be completed on myCAV?

The only activities that cannot be done on myCAV are:

  • amalgamation of incorporated associations
  • submitting requests for an extension of time to hold an AGM and to lodge annual statements
  • winding up or cancelling an association an association.

You can download forms for these tasks from our Fees and forms - incorporated associations page.

Transitioning from paper to online

What do I need to use myCAV?

You need internet access and an email address to use myCAV. Your email and the password you create will be used to verify your identity each time you sign into myCAV, so it is important to remember this information and keep it secure.

Can I assign a delegate?

If you need help to manage an association using myCAV, you can authorise a delegate to assist you. The role of a delegate is to help the secretary meet the association’s obligations under the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012.

A delegate could be:

  • another member of the association
  • a trusted colleague, friend or family member
  • an accountant or solicitor
  • a peak body representative.

An association can have up to three delegates; although the secretary remains responsible for the incorporated association meeting its legal obligations.

What can a delegate do?

Everything that a secretary can do, except change the secretary. Only the current secretary can do this.

For more information view our Delegates - incorporated associations page.

Why is a myCAV account in a person’s name and not the association name?

Creating an individual myCAV account for each authorised person within an association means that if a secretary leaves the association, other authorised parties can access the association’s details on myCAV. It also allows a secretary or delegate to use their account to manage multiple incorporated associations, rather than having to use a different account for each of the incorporated associations they manage.

myCAV doesn’t work very well on my computer. What can I do?

myCAV is a web-based system that works on current versions of all common browsers including Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari. Please keep your favourite browser up-to-date to ensure the best performance of myCAV.

Using myCAV to become an incorporated association

How do I register as an incorporated association?

All organisations wanting to become an incorporated association must apply through myCAV.

For more information:

How long does it take become registered?

Your assocation will be registered immediately, as long as:

  • your organisation is eligible to incorporate
  • you have selected an association name available on the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) register
  • you have correctly provided all the required information in your application to incorporate.

myCAV checks proposed names against the ASIC register to see if the name you have chosen is available. If it isn’t, you will need to select another one that is.

As soon as your incorporated association is registered, it will appear on your myCAV homepage. You will also receive an email to confirm that the incorporated association is registered, together with a copy of your certificate of incorporation..

Using myCAV as an incorporated association

Our old secretary is no longer involved in our association. As the new secretary, how do I get a myCAV account?

You will need to create a new myCAV account and then link yourself to the association. Once you have linked yourself to your association, you can sign in and update the contact details for your association. To learn more, view our video - Using myCAV for incorporated associations on our Videos for myCAV page.

How do I change my email address in myCAV?

Your email and password you create are used to verify your identity each time you sign into myCAV.

In order to maintain strict security levels, to change your email address please email

How do I sign documents on myCAV?

There is no requirement to sign documents using myCAV - agreeing to the Declarations is sufficient and legally binding.

How do I pay association fees?

You can pay your fees online on myCAV or in person, by cheque using Post Billpay at an Australia Post Office.

If paying online, you will need to have a valid debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard). If you pay in person, an invoice will be emailed to you, and you will have 14 days to make your payment.

How do I lodge my association’s annual statement using myCAV?

All associations must lodge annual statements on myCAV within one month of their annual general meeting.

You will receive a reminder email when you annual statement needs to be lodged.

For more information, view our Lodging an annual statement page.

How do I get extracts and copies of our certificate and rules?

You can download certificates and copies of your rules for free from your myCAV home page.

Can delegates and secretaries see each others’ personal details on myCAV?

You can only see your own details and the names of the secretary and other delegates. Other personal details such as address, phone number or email address cannot be seen by others.

How will I know when someone makes a change on the system?

All users (secretary and delegates) can view the recent transaction history, including updates and changes, on the myCAV home page. Only the secretary and delegates of the associations can make changes. In some cases an email will be sent out advising of changes such as change of secretary).

What if an unauthorised change is made?

Secretaries and delegates can view recent transactions on their myCAV home page, so they can see who made a change and when. If a change has not been authorised, the matter will need to be resolved within the association.

In some situations, if requested in writing, we may lock an association, to prevent any unwanted changes until the matter is resolved by the association.

Where can I get more information?

Where can I find out more about using myCAV?

myCAV is designed to guide you in completing tasks.

For more information:

If you still need help after viewing our web content and the videos, email

Is information about myCAV available in other languages?

For information about myCAV in languages other than English, view our Other languages section