The purpose of the Network is to draw together researchers and other public health stakeholders interested in advancing the field of time-use epidemiology. The Network was established as an international forum for experts in epidemiology and related fields to connect, communicate, raise issues, strategize, and strengthen collaborative research on health-related components of time use and ways to promote healthy time use in populations.
Specific objectives of the Network are to:
• Increase capacity for collaborative research and health promotion in time-use epidemiology;
• Facilitate transfer of research findings and other information between its members;
• Support translation of knowledge about health-related components of time use into public health practice;
• Provide a platform for its members to gain knowledge about research and health-promotion methods specific to the field of time-use epidemiology;
• Help build partnerships between its members when applying for competitive grants;
• Expand possibilities for organising meetings, workshops, and conferences on time-use epidemiology; and
• Recognise and honour excellence and outstanding achievements in time-use epidemiology.