Owners Corporations Act 2006
Sections 99 and 107 of the Owners Corporations Act 2006
cover the role of secretary.
(1) If an owners corporation does not have a committee, the lot owners may elect a member to be the secretary of the owners corporation.
(2) If an owners corporation has a committee, the secretary of the committee is also the secretary of the owners corporation.
See section 107.
(2A) A secretary elected by the lot owners of an owners corporation under subsection (1) may be removed by resolution at a general meeting.
(3) If at any time there is not a secretary of the owners corporation or the secretary is absent, the functions of the secretary under this Act may be carried out by—
(a) in the case of a function under section 127, the chairperson of the owners corporation; and
(b) in any other case, the manager of the owners corporation.
Secretary of committee
(1) The members of the committee must appoint a member of the committee or the manager of the owners corporation to be the secretary of the committee.
(2) An appointment as secretary of the committee under subsection (1)—
(a) is to be conducted by means of a majority vote;
(b) may be revoked by means of a majority vote.
(3) If a person's appointment as secretary of the committee is revoked under subsection (2)(b) and that person is a lot owner, that revocation does not affect the person's membership of the committee.