RTBA Online is a safe and secure system for electronic bond transactions that allows you to lodge bonds online in a quick and convenient way.
You need level 2 or 3 access to lodge a bond online. If you have level 1 access, speak to your level 3 Administrator to upgrade your access level.
To check your access level, select ‘Manage my registration’ and select ‘Update personal details’. Your access level will be listed at the top.
- Visit rentalbonds.vic.gov.au and sign in to RTBA Online. To lodge a bond, you must ensure that the correct amount of funds are available in the nominated account.
- Select the ‘Lodge a bond’ tab.
- Select ‘No’ if the loan was not provided by the Director of Housing, and ‘Electronic’ for your transaction method, then ‘Enter property details’.
If the loan was provided by the Director of Housing you will be unable to complete your bond lodgement online and must follow the Director of Housing voucher process.
- Fill in the rented property details. If your address is not listed or has details missing, you can enter these manually through the links to the right of the online form.
Fill in the tenancy and bond details.
- Property manager details will be filled in automatically.
- Select ‘Enter tenant details’ and fill in their details. If you have multiple tenants, select ‘Add a tenant’.
Each tenant must have a unique email address
- Select ‘Confirm details’ and review lodgement details to ensure they are correct. If you need to change any information, select ‘Back to tenant details’. If all details are correct, select ‘Submit lodgement’.
- You will now see a confirmation page. Record the transaction number as you can use it to track your transaction.
- Each tenant will be sent an email with a link to confirm the lodgement. If a mobile number was provided, tenants will receive both an email and a text message with a link to confirm the bond lodgement. If a tenant requests changes to the lodgement, you will be notified via email.
If the tenants do not respond to the link within seven days, all parties will receive a reminder.
If the tenants do not respond within 14 days, the lodgement will be cancelled and all parties will be notified.
- Once all tenants have confirmed, the lodgement will be finalised, the bond will be debited from your nominated account and a confirmation email will be sent to all parties.
- To manage pending transactions, select ‘Manage your Electronic Transactions’.
Visit RTBA Online at rentalbonds.vic.gov.au or call 1300 137 164 for more information.