Residential Tenancies Bond Authority

Skip listen and sharing tools

About the RTBA

The RTBA holds all Victorian residential tenancy bonds in trust; these include those for rented premises, long-term caravans, rooming houses, and caravan sites under site agreements. When a rental agreement ends, property managers/landlords and tenants/residents have equal say in how the bond should be repaid. The RTBA releases the money as agreed. 

Interest on rental bonds goes towards running:

  • the RTBA
  • VCAT's Residential Tenancies List and,
  • Consumer Affairs Victoria residential tenancies activities.

You can contact the RTBA on:

Phone: Phone: 1300 137 164, during business hours, Monday to Friday (except public holidays).

Email: Contact us through the online enquiries form.

Postal address:


Locked Bag 007

Wendouree VIC 3355a

Information about rental bonds

For information about lodging, transferring or claiming a bond, see our rental bond information pages.

Annual reports

2022-23 Annual Report

2021-22 Annual Report

2020-21 Annual Report

2019-20 Annual Report

2018-19 Annual Report

2017-18 Annual Report

2016-17 Annual Report

Previous annual reports