RTBA Online is a safe and secure system for electronic bond transactions that allows you to add or remove a renter (tenant) to or from a bond online in a quick and convenient way.
You need level 2 or 3 access to transfer a renter online. If you have level 1 access, speak to your level 3 Administrator to upgrade your access level.
To check your access level, select ‘Manage my registration’ and select ‘Update personal details’. Your access level will be listed at the top.
- Visit rentalbonds.vic.gov.au and sign in to RTBA Online.
- Select ‘Manage your bonds’.
- Enter your bond number, address details or renter surname and select ‘Search for bond’.
- Select ‘Transfer this bond’ then ‘tenant’ as the transfer recipient, and ‘electronic’ for the transaction method.
- Select ‘Proceed to transfer details’, enter the renter transfer date and select the departing renters (if any). Enter new renter details by selecting ‘Add a new tenant’.
- Select ‘Update tenant details’ and fill in the requested renter details.
- All renters must have a unique email address.
- Select ‘Confirm details’ and review renter transfer details. If changes are required, select ‘Back to tenant details’ to navigate to the appropriate page.
- If all details are correct, select ‘Submit transfer’.
- You will now see a confirmation page. Record the transaction number as you can use it to track your transaction.
- All remaining, leaving and new renters will be sent an email with a link to confirm the renter transfer. If a mobile number was provided, renters will receive both an email and a text message with a link to confirm the bond transfer.
If the renters do not respond to the link within seven days, all parties will receive a reminder.
If the renters do not respond within 14 days, the transfer will be cancelled and all parties will be notified.
- Once all renters have confirmed, the transfer will be finalised and receipts will be sent to all parties.
- If a renter requests changes to the transfer, you receive an email, and can accept or adjust these changes through the ‘Manage your Electronic Transactions’ tab and resubmit the transfer request via RTBA Online.
- Once all renters have confirmed the updated request, the transfer will be finalised and receipts will be sent to all parties.
Visit RTBA Online at rentalbonds.vic.gov.au or call 1300 137 164 for more information.