What is an urgent repair?
An urgent repair must be fixed within 48 hours. Urgent repairs are:
- a burst water service
- a blocked or broken toilet
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm or fire damage
- an essential service or appliance that is not working properly, or not working at all. For example, hot water, water, heating, cooking, laundering, gas or electricity
- any fault or damage that makes the property unsafe or not secure
- a serious fault in a lift or staircase.
For more information, view Urgent repairs.
A non-urgent repair is any issue that is not an urgent repair. You must fix non-urgent repairs within 14 days.
For more information, view Non-urgent repairs.