Checklists for SDA residents

Skip listen and sharing tools

Important changes

The Department of Health and Human Services has asked for their group homes to be re-gazetted. If you live in a home that has been re-gazetted and have a residential statement, the statement remains valid. Your rights are protected under the Disability Act 2006.

What providers must do if the SDA has not been re-gazetted

They must:

1. give you one of the following agreements:

2. give you the information statement that matches your agreement:

You must get the agreement and information statement at least seven days before you start the agreement.

3. explain the agreement and information statement to you in a way that you can easily understand. This can be verbal or in writing. If you have a support person, they can also help you understand the information.

4. enter into or establish the agreement with you seven days after you got the agreement and information statement. For more information, view Starting an agreement with your provider.

Things to remember

Your provider must use the agreements from our website. They cannot create their own agreement, but they can include extra terms. These extra terms cannot take away any of your rights under the law.

Your provider must give you a copy of your signed agreement before you move in.

If you have an SDA residency agreement, you do not have to pay more than 30 days' rent in advance and you do not pay a bond.

You can pay rent using a method that does not have extra fees. You can use Centrepay.

You are allowed to inspect an SDA free of charge before starting an agreement.