Complaints in SDA

Skip listen and sharing tools

You have the right to complain if you are not happy with any part of your residency.

This includes:

  • your room
  • the property
  • your provider
  • any services you receive as part of your residency.

Most providers do their best to give you the right support and services, but things can go wrong. It is important to tell your provider about any issues, so they can improve the quality of services they give you.

You can also ask your support person to make a complaint on your behalf.

How to make a complaint about your specialist disability accommodation (SDA)

Your provider has a process for managing complaints about the SDA. These should be attached to your agreement. Read this process - it will explain how to make a complaint.

If your provider updates or changes this process, they must give you the updated version 14 days before the new process starts.

You should tell your provider about any issues you have in your room or the property. This can be about things such as repairs, maintenance, or another resident.

How to make a complaint about your provider

If you are not happy with your provider, you can make a complaint to the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission). Their job is to make sure providers are doing the right thing.

Phone: 1800 035 544

TTY: 133 677

Website: Visit NDIS Commission.

How to make a complaint about your plan

NDIS plan

Speak to your Support Coordinator, if you have one as part of your NDIS plan.

If you do not have a Support Coordinator, call the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) on 1800 800 110.

Continuity of Support plan

Call the Commonwealth Department of Health on 1800 020 103 or visit Department of Health.

How to make a complaint about your residency agreement or Victorian rental laws

We can give you information and advice about your agreement and rental rights and responsibilities. You can call us on 1300 40 43 19. The line is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday - except public holidays.

For other options, including the National Relay Service, view Contact us.

If you have signed a Residential rental agreement, view Resolving renting disputes.