The Sex Work Regulations 2016 commenced today, following consideration of the results of public consultation.
They replace the previous Sex Work Regulations 2006, which were due to expire this month.
The Sex Work Regulations 2016 support the operation of the Sex Work Act 1994, prescribing particulars relating to:
- a list of sexually transmissible infections
- health and safety requirements
- safety matters relevant to the suitability of licence applicants
- advertising controls
- registration details for exempt small owner-operators
- sexual slavery signage
- the form of Registrar's certificates
- certain infringement offences.
View the new Sex Work Regulations 2016 on the Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary Documents website.
For more information, visit our Sex work service providers section.