Consumer Affairs Victoria has applied to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal to hold an inquiry in relation to The Sarain Pty Ltd (ACN: 143 731 006) and its director, Surinder Sarain.
We allege that the company and Mr Sarain contravened the Estate Agents Act 1980 when the company was trading as Ray White Werribee.
Our grounds of inquiry include that the company and Mr Sarain, 42, of Ormond:
- advertised 14 properties for sale in the western suburbs at a price that was less than the:
- vendor's reserve price as stated on the sale authority, or
- estimated selling price, or
- lower limit of the estimated selling range as stated on the sale authority.
- failed to notify the Business Licensing Authority within seven days of employing agents' representatives, and
- failed to meet certain trust account record requirements.
You can check a licensee's current status on our Estate agents online public register.