Forms and notices - builders and tradespeople

Skip listen and sharing tools

By law, you are required to use certain forms and notices during a building project. These forms and notices are approved by the Director of Consumer Affairs Victoria.

The legislation reference is provided if you want to check the legal requirements.


Section of the Domestic Building Contracts Act 1995 (DBCA)

Domestic Building Consumer Guide (Word, 108KB)
This form must be given to consumers before they sign a major domestic building contract.


Cooling-off period notices (Word, 91KB)
Notice that the contract is ended under the cooling-off right


Warning: changes to the price (Word, 90KB)


Contract checklist (Word, 100KB)