Complaint handling and dispute resolution - owners corporation managers

Skip listen and sharing tools

Complaint handling and dispute resolution - overview

The Owners Corporations Act 2006 sets out a process to help owners corporations (formerly body corporates) deal with grievances.

This process has three steps:

  • internal dispute resolution
  • conciliation through Consumer Affairs Victoria
  • applications to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).

An owners corporation must follow its internal dispute resolution process before requesting conciliation by us or making an application to VCAT. 

For more information about the conciliation process, view our When we get involved with a problem or complaint page.