As a retirement village operator, you must:
- notify us when you establish a retirement village
- notify us if you change the details of your retirement village
- provide an information factsheet (in the approved form) to prospective residents enquiring about the village
- allow prospective residents to inspect particular documents held by the operator
- provide an expanded pre-contract disclosure statement (in the approved form) to those intending to sign a contract
- use standard content and layout in retirement village contracts to make them easier to understand and compare. Content must include a basic set of mandatory rights and responsibilities of residents, managers and owners.
These obligations are set out in the Retirement Villages (Records and Notices) Regulations 2015 and the Retirement Villages (Contractual Arrangements) Regulations 2017.
You must use the following approved factsheets and disclosure statements.
Retirement village forms
New retirement village factsheets
Retirement village disclosure statements
Guide on completing the factsheet and disclosure statement
We have developed a guide to help you complete the factsheet and disclosure statement. It provides general principles, as well as specific guidance on particular items in the factsheets and disclosure statements:
Where to next: