You can apply to a court or the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) at any time for an order authorising you to dispose of uncollected goods.
Your application must include:
- your name
- a full statement of the reasons for the application
- the name of the person who left the goods with you
- a description of the goods
- an address where they may be collected
- the relevant charge and, if this amount is likely to increase, an estimate of further charges that will apply. For more information about the relevant charge, view our Relevant charge page.
Applications relating to uncollected motor vehicles must also include:
- for vehicles worth less than $1,000, a VicRoads certificate showing details of the registered operator or owner
- for vehicles worth more than $1,000:
- a VicRoads certificate showing details of the registered operator or owner, and
- a search result of the Personal Property Securities Register.
You must give a copy of your application for a court order to:
- the person who left the goods or vehicle with you, if they can be located through reasonable efforts or enquiries
- the owner of the goods or vehicle, if they can be located through reasonable efforts or enquiries
- anyone who has registered an interest in the goods or vehicle on the Personal Property Securities Register, and
- anyone else you are aware of who has (or claims to have) a proprietary or security interest in the goods or vehicle.
If you are having a dispute with a business about a problem with a product, view our Resolve your problem or complaint section.
Where to next: