A written notice of your intention to dispose of uncollected goods or vehicles must include:
- your name
- a description of the goods or vehicle
- an address at which the goods or vehicle may be collected
- the relevant charge and, if this amount is likely to increase, an estimate of further charges that will apply - for more information about the relevant charge, view our Relevant charge page
- a statement that you will dispose of the goods or vehicle on or after a specified date unless they are collected and the relevant charge paid, and
- if applicable, a statement that you will retain the relevant charge and disposal costs from the proceeds of selling the goods or vehicle.
You can give written notice:
- in person, to the person who left the goods or vehicle, or
- by delivering or posting it to their last known address.
For someone with a publicly-registered interest in the goods or vehicle, you can send the written notice to their address as shown in the Personal Property Securities Register website.
If you are having a dispute with a business about a problem with a product, view our Resolve your problem or complaint section.
Where to next: