We proposed new regulations to replace the Owners Corporations Regulations 2007, which were due to expire (sunset) on 3 December 2018. The Regulations prescribe certain information and requirements for the Owners Corporations Act 2006.
A Regulatory Impact Statement (RIS) on the proposed Owners Corporations Regulations 2018 examined a range of reform options and identified a preferred approach. Download the Owners Corporations Regulations 2018 Regulatory Impact Statement (PDF, 3MB).
The proposed Owners Corporations Regulations 2018 were made on 2 October 2018, and will come into operation on 2 December 2018.
The RIS was open for public consultation from 1 August 2018 to 30 August 2018. We received 12 public submissions, all of which have been considered and responded to in making the proposed Regulations.
The following public submissions were made:
- Australian Institute of Conveyancers (Word, 329KB)
- Boss Conveyancing (Sally Nguyen) (Word, 12KB)
- Consulting Surveyors Victoria (PDF, 110KB)
- Eclectic Consumers Collective (LH Roberts) (PDF, 277KB)
- Hamilton Lawson Real Estate Agents (John Lawson) (Word, 15KB)
- Ian Warren (Word, 17KB)
- Kelly + Partners Chartered Accountants (PDF, 687KB)
- Law Institute of Victoria (PDF, 251KB)
- Real Estate Institute of Victoria (PDF, 555KB)
- Residents of Retirement Villages Victoria (Word, 101KB)
- Quantum United Management (Rupert Murray–Arthur)(PDF, 154KB)
- Strata Community Association (Vic) (PDF, 192KB).
Some of these files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. To request a different format, please contact us.
Responses to submissions—statement of reasons
Following consideration of each submission, a number of changes were made to the proposed regulations.
To view the key issues and responses, download the Summary table of issues raised in submissions on the RIS (Word, 86KB).