Video transcript: Starting and ending a lease (Word, 83KB)
At the start of every tenancy, the landlord or agent must give you:
If applicable, they must also give you:
- a copy of your lease (tenancy agreement) within 14 days of you signing it (if your agreement is in writing)
- two copies of the premises condition report (if you paid a bond)
- a bond lodgement form for you to sign (if you paid a bond), so the bond money can be lodged with the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority
- details of whether the agent can authorise urgent repairs, and the maximum amount they can authorise (if an agent manages the property)
- a copy of the owners corporation rules (if the property is in an owners corporation).