Changing your type of registration

Skip listen and sharing tools

You may change your type of registration from practising to non-practising, or vice versa, at any time.

There is no restriction on how long you can be registered as a non-practising professional engineer.

While you are registered as a non-practising professional engineer you cannot be endorsed to work in the building industry.

If you are registered and endorsed to work in the building industry and you change to a non-practising registration, your endorsement will be suspended by the BLA.

You must use myCAV to apply to change your type of registration. For more information, view About myCAV.

Create or sign-in to your myCAV account

If you are applying to change your registration from:

  • practising to non-practising you may be entitled to a pro rata refund of your registration or renewal of registration fee, whichever is applicable, and
  • non-practising to practising you will be required to pay a pro-rata top up fee.

For details of your refund or pro-rata top up fee contact the Business Licensing Authority.