Travel agents

Skip listen and sharing tools

Information for travel agents

You no longer need a licence to be a travel agent; however, you must continue to comply with other laws, such as the Australian Consumer Law (ACL).

For help understanding the key provisions of the ACL, visit the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's free online education program.

The Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) has developed a voluntary accreditation scheme (ATAS). To find out about travel agent accreditation, education and training, including becoming an ATAS-accredited agent, visit the AFTA website.

Where to next: