The Sex Work Regulations 2016 were amended on 10 May 2022 to support the decriminalisation of sex work in Victoria.
The amendments ensure the Sex Work Regulations 2016 are in line with amendments to the Sex Work Act 1994 which also commenced on 10 May 2022.
These amendments repeal several regulatory requirements related to:
- advertising controls
- a list of sexually transmissible infections
- registration details for exempt small owner operators.
The amended Sex Work Regulations 2016 now prescribe particulars relating to:
- safety requirements
- safety matters relevant to the suitability of licence applicants
- sexual slavery signage
- the form of Registrar's certificates
- certain infringement offences.
View the Sex Work Regulations 2016 on the Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary Documents website.