The first step to resolving a problem or complaint is knowing your rights. Whether you are a consumer, business, tenant or landlord, our website has:
- information and advice to help you understand and exercise your consumer rights and comply with your obligations
- answers to the more common consumer and tenancy questions or problems
- self-help tools such as mobile apps, videos, forms, checklists and template letters.
Search our information on:
- housing - including renting, buying or selling property, and renovations
- products and services - including fair trading, refunds, warranties, and chargebacks
- cars - including buying or selling cars, repairs, and maintenance
- scams and travelling con men - including tips on how to identify and avoid them
- clubs and fundraising - including fundraising, grants, and incorporated associations
- licensing and registration - including estate agents, conveyancers and retirement village operators.
Paid by credit card?
If you are having problems getting a remedy for a product or service that you paid for with your credit card, you can contact your bank or credit card provider for a chargeback. For more information, view our Chargeback page.