You must use myCAV to apply for registration and endorsement (if required). For more information, view About myCAV – Registration and licensing.
To start using myCAV, you must create your own myCAV account using a personal email address to verify your identity, and then sign-in to your account.
Create or sign-in to your myCAV account
Complete and lodge your application for registration and endorsement in myCAV.
You may apply for registration and endorsement in one area of engineering or multiple areas of engineering.
You must submit the following documents via myCAV to support your application:
- a report from an assessment entity confirming your qualifications and experience or competencies in the area or areas of engineering in which you are applying for registration and endorsement
- a Consent to national criminal history and other record checks form, and
- certified copies of the required identity documents, including at least one document containing your certified photograph.
For more information on documents required to support your application, view Records checks - licensed and registered businesses.
The correct documents, properly certified, will help your application avoid delays.
The Business Licensing Authority (BLA) will conduct checks with the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) and other agencies to verify your eligibility to be registered. Any disputes about the accuracy of the results of the checks will be referred to ACIC.
These fees apply from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022.
- Initial registration (for 3 years) – practising professional engineer - $499.10
- Initial registration (for 3 years) – non-practising professional engineer - $169.40
- Initial endorsement (for 3 years) - $221.70
The fees must be paid at the time of application. The fees are the same if you apply for registration in one area of engineering or multiple areas of engineering.
The fees for registration and endorsement are for three years.
Providing incorrect information
It is a serious offence to give information to the BLA that is known or believed to be false or misleading in a material particular. Significant penalties apply, view Penalties.
It is an offence under the Professional Engineers Registration Act 2019 to provide professional engineering services without being registered and endorsed, if applicable. Significant penalties apply, view Penalties.