How to update your licence details
You can update your licence details at any time. Complete and lodge one of the following:
Note: these forms require the latest version of Adobe Reader to be installed on your PC. To download for free, visit the Adobe Reader download page on the Adobe website.
The forms are compatible with the following web browsers:
- Firefox 19 or later
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
When to update your licence details
You must notify the Business Licensing Authority (BLA) within 14 days if you:
- commence or cease operations at any business premises
- are a licensed company, and someone is appointed or ceases to be a director
- are a licensed partnership, and there is a change in the partnership
- cease trading under a name authorised on your licence
- commence trading under a name not on your licence
- change your business address. To verify that your new address is suitable, the BLA may ask you to provide:
- a planning permit or council letter advising of usage rights for the proposed trading premises, or
- a lease agreement for the premises, or
- evidence of ownership of the premises
- change your email address or telephone number
- change your website address.
If you restructure your business, for example, and you switch from being a sole trader to a company, or change company names and become a new corporate entity, you will be issued with a new Licensed Motor Car Trader (LMCT) number.
Where to next: