How to update your licence details
You can update your licence details at any time. Complete and lodge one of the following:
To complete our PDF forms, open them with Adobe® Acrobat® Reader, not your browser. Get Reader. If you have problems, refer to the Adobe® help page.
When to update your licence details
You must notify the Business Licensing Authority (BLA) within 14 days if you:
- commence or cease operations at any business premises
- are a licensed company, and:
- someone is appointed or ceases to be a director
- someone is appointed or ceases to be a company secretary
- there is a change in the majority shareholding
- are a licensed partnership, and there is a change in the partnership
- cease trading under a name authorised on your licence
- commence trading under a name not on your licence
- appoint a new manager of the business, or someone ceases to be a manager
- change your business address. To verify that your new address is suitable, the BLA may ask you to provide:
- a planning permit or council letter advising of usage rights for the proposed trading premises, or
- a lease agreement for the premises, or
- evidence of ownership of the premises
- change your email address or telephone number
- change your website address.
If you restructure your business, for example, and you switch from being a sole trader to a company, or change company names and become a new corporate entity, you will be issued with a new Licensed Motor Car Trader (LMCT) number.
Where to next: