See new temporary renting rules at Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria.
When you lease a property, your bond will be managed electronically, using RTBA Online. This includes bond lodgement, tenant transfers and bond claiming. All electronic transactions follow a similar process and must be confirmed by all tenants before they can be finalised.
Your property manager or landlord should initiate bond lodgements, tenant transfers and bond claims. When they make an electronic transaction involving your bond:
- The RTBA will send you an email with a link to confirm the transaction. If you provided a mobile number you will also receive a text from RTBAVIC ET. Click on the link and you will be directed to your secure transaction details.
- Select ‘Review details’ for the bond lodgement, transfer or claim. Review details in the request, ensuring that all details are correct.
- If there are any details that need to be changed, select ‘Request changes’, enter the correct details and then select ‘Submit changes’. If you update any information except for your contact details, the property manager will be contacted to verify the changes. They can either:
- accept your changes and re-submit the form, triggering a new acceptance email to all tenants, or
- not accept the changes and re-submit with comments, triggering a new acceptance email to all tenants.
- If the transaction details are correct, accept the transaction.
- You will now see a confirmation page. Record the transaction number as you can use it to track your transaction.
If one or more tenant does not respond to the link within seven days, all parties will receive a reminder.
If one or more tenant does not respond within 14 days, the claim will be cancelled and all parties will be notified.
The transaction is finalised after all parties have accepted the transaction. All parties will receive a receipt via email. If you have completed a claim, money will be deposited in your nominated bank account.